Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On 4/3/2013 11:35 AM, Mike M wrote:
On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 11:13:56 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 4/3/2013 9:20 AM, Leon wrote:

You have to discount the fact that you may not get a tax advantage when
helping some one else out. I don't like paying taxes either but I won't
let that stop me from helping someone. sometimes you just have to think
of how much help you would be giving.

His was simply a remark on how much more could be raised if that were
the case ... and I agree that could be a large factor in any decision to
donate.

That said, and judging from Mike's generous donation to a complete
stranger, I'm absolutely certain, and without doubt whatsoever, that tax
destructibility wasn't a factor in his decision to do so ... but
instead, an act of big heart and an inherent kindness.

Thank you and your assumption is correct. I have all of my family
almost converted to doing charitable contributions for Xmas rather
then spending money on things we don't need. My sisters usually give
things they have canned from their gardens and I give things I've made
in the shop. Generally just enjoy some gag gifts and a great prime
rib dinner.

Mike M

I saw it that way too but not every one thinks that way.