Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On 4/3/2013 9:20 AM, Leon wrote:

You have to discount the fact that you may not get a tax advantage when
helping some one else out. I don't like paying taxes either but I won't
let that stop me from helping someone. sometimes you just have to think
of how much help you would be giving.

His was simply a remark on how much more could be raised if that were
the case ... and I agree that could be a large factor in any decision to
donate.

That said, and judging from Mike's generous donation to a complete
stranger, I'm absolutely certain, and without doubt whatsoever, that tax
destructibility wasn't a factor in his decision to do so ... but
instead, an act of big heart and an inherent kindness.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net