Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 4/2/2013 10:43 PM, Mike M wrote:
On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:14:02 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 3/1/2013 7:38 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/28/2013 10:20 PM, jtpr wrote:

You all touched me very deeply with your donations. But I cannot
tell you the effect this will have on Mel's wife.

You just got to the very heart of the matter with that last above,
Jim.

From what I can tell, and having just been given the opportunity
observe the effect of a gift/donation on the recipient, it has made
me understand that the monetary element, regardless of the size and
while of necessary importance, turns out to be about half the
benefit.

These folks are sick, or tired, or both, and their energy levels
and ability to carry on are being taxed to the utmost.

When seeing folks, sometimes complete strangers, willing to help
_them_, you observe in the recipient the other half of that gift of
kindness and generosity: a renewed energy to carry on.

Gives that old saying, "The milk of human kindness.", a new meaning
and understanding, eh?

Reason for some very cautious optimism today with regard to my
youngest daughter. Too early to be jumping for joy, but after a
month of Interferon treatment, an MRI yesterday (yep, on Easter
Sunday) indicated that tumors appear to be slowly regressing, and
that bone growth is progressing.

Once again, thanks to all of you here who donated on her behalf,
can't tell you how much that means to all of us.

Happy to hear that. It would be nice if there was a way to
contribute and have it tax deductible. I've gone 4 years now with
out paying income tax, and I enjoy not paying into the Ponzi scheme
anymore then necessary. Just a thought but might help her raise more
money.

Mike M

You have to discount the fact that you may not get a tax advantage
when helping some one else out. I don't like paying taxes either but
I won't let that stop me from helping someone. sometimes you just
have to think of how much help you would be giving.

+1

--
Best regards
Han