Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_8_] Danny D.[_8_] is offline

Default How do you snake a kitchen sink & how to remove a corrodedsteel nipple when only 1/4" sticks out?

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 06:05:42 -0500 Vic Smith wrote:

Don't think it's worth paying 50 bucks for one time use
when your Fernco is doing the job.

Thanks. Services out here (Silicon Valley) are expensive,
so, I generally can get the job done for parts and tools
that equal a service call (which I would call a win because
I get to keep both the tools and knowledge gleaned).

One question I have.

Here is a large-format picture of the fitting:

WHAT is the nipple threaded into?
Is that a cast-iron fitting? Or galvanized?