J. Clarke

Default Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

Tom Watson wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:39:15 GMT, Unisaw A100
wrote:

And while way wordier than what I'd written what Tom is
really trying to say is, "Only by DuPont's standards".

UA100

I wouldn't want to leave the man with the impression that Dupont's
seam kit is nothing more than meth chloride and some Corian dust.

It's really a two part epoxy mixture that has to be mixed before
application and has to fill the entire seam - top to bottom and front
to back - once the joint is closed up.

The meth chloride and dust would partially dissolve the Corian but the
result would have no strength and a crack line would eventually form.

I see. So the standard solvent-cementing procedure that holds up in
aquaria, aircraft, spacecraft, and numerous other places where acrylic
under stresses far greater than any likely to be encountered in a blasted
countertop is used will "have no strength" in Corian? Now why is that?

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)