Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default need schematic or pinout for Ungar 9900 soldering station. Wanna use it on a Pace Iron.

Wild_Bill formulerede Wednesday:
Well it appears that you're correct about the Pace tweezers having a sensor.

That could be significant if you were wanting to use an Ungar handpiece on a
Pace controller.. but you're not.
The sensor doesn't prevent the operation of the heaters in the Pace
handpiece.
My apologies if I forgot to mention that heaters only require 3 wires.. and
one is for earth ground.

Finding only 3 conductors in the Ungar handpiece and no sensor leads, as I've
done, demonstrates to me that there is NO SENSOR in the Ungar handpieces
(proof enuff for me).

I'm not arguing if the particular soldering iron has a sensor or not.

But, as resistance (often) is inversely related to temperature,
wouldn't it be possible to measure the current and voltage, and use
this to keep the temperature (somewhat) constant?

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.