Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Definitive toilet bowl limescale thread

Some of the spray on treatments do soften it and make it easy to remove but
you need to sponge out the water first, and keep it dry until you can get
the stuff off. The main problem I have not solved yet is the stuff round the
bend bit. Its almost impossible to get any tool there and the limescale
being rough tends to retain stuff and the stuff pongs, so really needs to
go. Its a great pity nobody makes a swing out system for these toilets so
you could get at it from the other side!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Phil Addison" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:11:35 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

What is the single most effective (available and legal) solution to
getting
rid of scale below the water line in a toilet bowl?

Having failed with various stuff poured in left overnight I tackled ours
with my largest
screwdriver, some 18" long. I was pleasantly surprised that the thick
scale chipped off
fairly easy and left a nice clean bowl - at least as far as the eye can
see :O

Prhaps there is something to be said for those slow disolving thingies
that clip under the
rim, though I've previously thought them a waste of money?

--
Phil Addison