Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Speaking of vacuuming .............

Richard wrote:

On 4/2/2013 1:17 PM, Steve B wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a schematic on my vacuum system.

I am going to use it to vacuum pecans from yards. Some pecans will be
totally bare, and some will have the husks on them, and they come off
easily.

It aint' gonna work. Any vacuum strong enough to pickup the pecans is
going to wreck the yard by sucking up half the dirt. Look at the spring
type pecan collecting tools and workup a way to combine a spring rake
with some sort of auger inside to bring the pecans inside the rake which
will also knock off the husks, and the auger running 3/4" or so inside
that rake moved the pecans off to one end where a vacuum system can
bring them up into a collection bin.