Tom Watson

Default Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:16:12 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

I note that neither of you has given any indication that solvent cementing
using methylene chloride and Corian dust will be unsatisfactory in any
manner whatsoever. Do you have any reason to believe that it will?

The problem that I'm having with this is that you are fixating on the
chemistry, to the exclusion of other considerations.

What about the selection of the sheets for color matching?

What about the proper type and preparation of the substrate?

What about the choice of choice of acceptable methods to cut the
sheets?

What about the proper tolerances for straightness and the gap between
joined sheets?

What about the proper clamping pressure at the seam?

What about how much to overfill the seam and what techniques are best
to deal with that?

What about the proper radius that's allowed in the cutouts?

In areas where cutouts are for stovetops, there is a specific 3M tape
that is used as a backer at the seam - what kind is it?

What about the mixing time of the seam kit? Should you knead by hand,
or put the tube in the clamp on you half-sheet sander, and run the
sander for how long?

Speaking of sanders, what is the best type to use and what grits
should you start with?

What type of abrasive is best?

If you want to bring it up to a gloss, what grits and compounds are
used to do this?

The above is certainly not an exhaustive listing - merely a friendly
warning.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)