Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Stuuborn leak on new bath sink tailpiece

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:24:37 PM UTC-4, chaniarts wrote:
On 4/2/2013 5:12 AM, Mikepier wrote: I replaced a friends bathroom sink tailpiece yesterday and I am having problems with a leak in the pipe with fine threads that goes into the main body of the tailpipe. It is part RP 6128 in the pic below. http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i.../i/infpop1.gif When I first installed the tailpiece, it leaked. So I removed it and used teflon tape, still leaked. Then I used Rectorseal teflon pipe seal, still leaked. So I thought maybe I have a defective pipe. So I got a new one,put it in, same thing, still leaks. Any ideas? I'm ready to put 5 minute Epoxy on this thing if i can't stop this leak. tape isn't generally used to make it seal, but to make it slippery so yo can tighten it some more. they make a sealant putty for this.

Lowes has a teflon sealer that is a white thick liquid in a can with a brush. Can sized about like the pvc glue. Works pretty well for me in these situations.