Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Hauling With A Chain

On 04/02/2013 11:30 AM, wrote:
On Monday, April 1, 2013 4:22:40 PM UTC-4, Pavel314 wrote:
I want to use a chain to haul a fallen tree out of the marshy area
up to solid ground where I can saw it up. I have a long chain but
it doesn't have chain hooks on the ends. Will it hold if I wrap it
around the trunk a few times then do a double knot with it? It
seems like the links of the chain should grab onto each other as
the pulling starts and keep it from slipping.

Surely you live somewhere near a Home Depot or Lowes. They have chain
hooks for $8 each or less. It's a one-time expense and when you're
done you have a much more useful chain.

That or just use a bolt, washers, and nut to make a loop in the chain.
(grade 5 or better though)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.