Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Speaking of vacuuming .............

On 4/2/2013 1:17 PM, Steve B wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a schematic on my vacuum system.

I am going to use it to vacuum pecans from yards. Some pecans will be
totally bare, and some will have the husks on them, and they come off
easily.

I want to vacuum up everything, and have the nuts go one way, and the trash
the other. The trash is about 10% the weight of the nuts, so it would
travel through the tube in a flying motion, and the nuts would roll. I was
also thinking of using the suction side AND the blower side of the vacuum to
use either suction or blowing force to achieve my goal.

I'm using 2.5" hose, and probably 2.5" PVC or ABS connectors. Or
manufactured connectors from vacuum suppliers, whatever interfaces. Right
now, I'm looking for some used carpet cleaning hose, as it does not collapse
much, and comes in long lengths. I have also found 25' lengths of
Craftsman, Northern Tools, and other suppliers.

I have found motors, hoses, and connectors that fit on top of plastic 55
gal. barrels, which may be the way to go. I will provide different
services, either just picking up the pecans, or picking up pecans and trash,
too, which would surely help if I could separate it at point of intake
rather than transporting a lot of waste any extra distance.

Mechanical separation device is under construction and design right now.
Then on to something that might work to shell them.

Steve
Suggestions appreciated.

Oh no. I got slammed last time I played with this.
Yer on yer own, Steve!