Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Making a garden roller (metal project)

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:14:14 AM UTC-7, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Always wanted a roller (water filled), about 4 feet wide that I can drag behind my small tractor. Is a used water heater cord a good candidate for this project? Anybody done that?

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

Okay, you all caught my stupid typo (cord instead of core). How embarrassing!!
It's amazing how much money the local rental yard wants for non-moving-parts items. Always surprised that a $20 shovel rents for $6/day while a $300 pressure washer can be had for a mere $30/day.
Tired of renting, wanting to see if I can cobble a roller together.

The concrete route sounds interesting since I could simply pass a pipe through the core, let the concrete set and thereby obviate the difficulty of attaching the axle to the ends.

Thanks group!
Ivan Vegvary