Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a garden roller (metal project)

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 10:43:32 -0500, Ignoramus5121

OK, how about a 55 gallon drum?

On 2013-04-02, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Always wanted a roller (water filled), about 4 feet wide that I can drag behind my small tractor. Is a used water heater cord a good candidate for this project? Anybody done that?
Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

55gallon drums do work, but the skin is so thin that they are easily
punctured. Id consider them a (1) season tool in areas that have no
rocks etc etc.

Also keep in mind that 55 gallon drums have (2) stiffener belts that
may show up in the drag pattern. If its simply soft dirt or grass..it
may or may not be important.