Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mentalguy2k8 Mentalguy2k8 is offline

Default Definitive toilet bowl limescale thread

"Phil Addison" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:11:35 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

What is the single most effective (available and legal) solution to
getting
rid of scale below the water line in a toilet bowl?

Having failed with various stuff poured in left overnight I tackled ours
with my largest
screwdriver, some 18" long. I was pleasantly surprised that the thick
scale chipped off
fairly easy and left a nice clean bowl - at least as far as the eye can
see :O

I did that on the toilet where I used to live and scratched the bowl It
looked even worse than before I started. That's why I hate scale, anything
hard enough to chip it off is guaranteed to damage whatever the scale is
stuck to.

Plus, the scale reaches up to the top of the water line so there's no point
emptying the water and putting any other scale-remover in, unless I've got
tons of the stuff. So whatever I get, needs to be strong stuff even when
diluted.