Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Definitive toilet bowl limescale thread

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:11:35 +0100, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

What is the single most effective (available and legal) solution to getting
rid of scale below the water line in a toilet bowl?

Having failed with various stuff poured in left overnight I tackled ours with my largest
screwdriver, some 18" long. I was pleasantly surprised that the thick scale chipped off
fairly easy and left a nice clean bowl - at least as far as the eye can see :O

Prhaps there is something to be said for those slow disolving thingies that clip under the
rim, though I've previously thought them a waste of money?

--
Phil Addison