Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hauling With A Chain

The hooks will make the chain much more versatile, and I'd guess you will
get your money's worth out of the hooks. Very wise choice.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Pavel314" wrote in message

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'd forgotten about the
possibility of the chain getting permanently stuck from knotting. Years ago
I found an old chain in the barn which had a big tangled knot on the end. I
guess someone else didn't have a hook handy many years ago. I managed to get
it unstuck with a hammer and channel locks. Not that I needed the chain for
anything at the time, it was just a big metal puzzle.

I picked up two chain hooks with clevis pins at Home Depot this evening for
about $5 each. They're rated at about two tons so they should do the job.

Paul