Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold & Susan Vordos Harold & Susan Vordos is offline

Default Vacuuming principle question

wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 19:41:45 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

How much does the length of a vacuum hose affect the vacuuming suction?

Steve

Virtually no effect on suction - may reduce flow somewhat. My central
vac pulls the same at the unit in the basement as it does on the
second floor about 15 feet up, using the same 25 foot hose.

We have a Vacuflow 960--twin motors, with the unit capable of handling
18,000 square feet of building.

Length of the tubing most assuredly makes a difference. The vacuum cleaner
is located in the shop, with tubing extended (underground) to the
house--with the longest runs likely near 100'. There's an obvious
difference of performance in the house as opposed to in the shop. 2"
inside diameter pipe, if you have a question on size.

The rules of physics dictate that there will be losses.

Harold