Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Rotted overhead garage door.

wrote:
On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 10:23:54 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Apr 1, 12:43 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:49:51 -0400, Notat Home wrote:
I have an overhead garage door that is apparently made of a composite
skin over composite bracing. Although painted, it appears to soak up
rainwater and rot. I tried patching it with bondo, but that didn't
work. So now I'm looking for a replacement that is impervious to water.

The dealers around here have wood doors, and steel doors. They claim
the finish will protect them, but I'm not confident since wood rots and
steel corrodes.

Are there better options. I would think fiberglass or aluminum would be
better.

A fiberglass door - made like fiberglass entry doors, would be the
cat's MEOW

If the garage door was made like an entry door, it wouldn't fit very
well. ;-)

Do I give you too much credit? I believe you are smart enough to know
what I meant.

Perhaps I give *you* too much credit. Did you really think I was being
serious?