Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rotted overhead garage door.

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 10:23:54 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Apr 1, 12:43*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:49:51 -0400, Notat Home wrote:
I have an overhead garage door that is apparently made of a composite
skin over composite bracing. *Although painted, it appears to soak up
rainwater and rot. *I tried patching it with bondo, but that didn't
work. *So now I'm looking for a replacement that is impervious to water.

The dealers around here have wood doors, and steel doors. *They claim
the finish will protect them, but I'm not confident since wood rots and
steel corrodes.

Are there better options. *I would think fiberglass or aluminum would be
better.

*A fiberglass door - made like fiberglass entry doors, would be the
cat's MEOW

If the garage door was made like an entry door, it wouldn't fit very
well. ;-)

Do I give you too much credit? I believe you are smart enough to know
what I meant.