Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default ESR meters again

On 29/03/2013 23:58, bm wrote:
+1
In 48 years I've never needed one. If I can't fix it with a DMM/AVO, scope,
logic analyser etc it either 'aint worth fixing or I'm incapable. Maybe it
depends on the type of kit you're playing with. Same as TDRs, never needed
to use one.

I've never had a TDR, but several times wished I did. It would have been
really nice in the days of thinnet to be able to press a button and get
an idea of which plonker had undone the t-piece, and if that wasn't
enough to binary chop until I had him.

Luckily I've never been full time networks

Andy