Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default Poulan chainsaws

On Mar 31, 12:37*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"cj" wrote in message

I've never owned one but I am considering purchasing one from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Poulan-PP5020A...arrying/dp/B00...

The price is right but I am concerned about the quality.
Reviews seem positive but I figured I check with this newsgroup for
opinions. After years of fighting with Homelite chainsaws (trying to
start )its time for a different make.

Thanks, cj

If you are FINALLY ready to get a good chainsaw, get a Stihl, or a Husky for
a little less. *All the others are junk, unless you are going to use it once
a year, and then you have the stale gas and warped gaskets.

btw, I hate the use of the words should and probably. *A Stihl or Husky WILL
get the job done, and last a very long time. *And not a lot more than the
cheapos.

MHO, but I cut about ten cords of wood a year. *Plus various tree work,
felling, and odd jobs where a chainsaw is needed.

Steve

I cut a bit more than you do running 3 stihls. My neighbor asked me
to set up and teach hime how to run his new Poulan. It was all still
in the factory box, never opened. I put it together and started
it...and started it...and started it. It would run just fine as long
as you didn't squeeze the throttle. It would instantly die then.

So, set it aside and used my saw to to what he needed done. Picked up
the Poulan and found the chainbrake was now broken - a very thin,
cheap piece of plastic. Told him to take it back, get his money and
put another $20 with it and get a real saw.

Harry K