Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mold remediation myself

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 05:46:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 31, 11:16*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:48:28 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Mar 31, 6:37*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:29:20 -0700, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:24:05 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Micky,

* Forgive me but you don't sound as if you are ready for this project. Has
the moisture problem been resolved? Who needs to fix that, the building or
your friend? Have you looked at the apartment? What needs to be done? Do you
have the knowledge, experience and tools for this?
* Florida has many water damage remediation companies. Pros who are bonded.
Don't know why your friends can't find one.

Dave M.

Has the friend spoken to their real estate agent? *Was an inspection
done before purchase or bought "as is"? * What are the disclosure laws
in Florida?

BTW, a property can be sold "as-is"[*] and the buyer can still have
an inspection done. *His options are then to proceed with the purchase
or not. *He can ask for repairs to be made but an answer has already
been given.

No answer has been given until the question is actually
asked.

The statement of being sold "as is" says that the sellers are not
going to do any repairs.

As is, just means there is no warranty or guarantee.

Nope. *A warranty has to be explicitly stated. *It's a positive
statement, not a negative.

Yes, because sales of real estate in most states are
"as is", subject to some possible exceptions You yourself said
that. That is what "as is" means.

So you're saying that all states have the same laws. You're as whacky
as Haller.

Unless a warranty is
explicitly given or something is required by law in that state,
then the buyer has no warranty.

Which is the *OPPOSITE* of what you just stated.

That doesn't mean the
buyer can't do an inspection and go back to a seller that is selling
a property "as-is" and say I'll still buy it, but only
if you'll replace the broken AC.

If it's being advertised as "as is" he's already stated that he's not
interested. Again, he can certainly change his mind.

How any seller will or will
not react to that isn't predictable, ie you don't know the
answer without asking. I agree that with a sale being
advertised as "as-is" the buyer is less likely to get
concessions, at least for obvious things, small things,
etc. But it doesn't mean you can never get a concession
for anything.

That's what I said. sheesh!

Good grief!