Lobby Dosser

Default Grizzly vs Harbor Freight: is there really much difference?

(Hylourgos) wrote in
om:

snip

Speaking of Orange, remember, I'm only talking of the comparable items
(oranges and oranges, not apples and oranges) both sell that seem
identical. I suspect a lot of their tools are made in the same
location and have a similar quality finish.

A lot of tools, including those of the 'major' manufacturers, look the
same because:
a. it's the sensible way to make them
b. form follows function
c. they are coming from the same factory in China.

If c., then the difference is in the specs given to the Chinese factory
and the follow up on quality control by the owners of the brand going on
the tool. This is particularly true for motors, batteries, and moving
parts.

LD

Curious,