Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Poulan chainsaws

On Mar 31, 2:50*pm, bob haller wrote:
On Mar 31, 3:37*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"cj" wrote in message

I've never owned one but I am considering purchasing one from Amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/Poulan-PP5020A...arrying/dp/B00....

The price is right but I am concerned about the quality.
Reviews seem positive but I figured I check with this newsgroup for
opinions. After years of fighting with Homelite chainsaws (trying to
start )its time for a different make.

Thanks, cj

If you are FINALLY ready to get a good chainsaw, get a Stihl, or a Husky for
a little less. *All the others are junk, unless you are going to use it once
a year, and then you have the stale gas and warped gaskets.

btw, I hate the use of the words should and probably. *A Stihl or Husky WILL
get the job done, and last a very long time. *And not a lot more than the
cheapos.

MHO, but I cut about ten cords of wood a year. *Plus various tree work,
felling, and odd jobs where a chainsaw is needed.

Steve

I USE electric CHAIN SAWS, AS A MATTER OF FACT i HAVE 4 When the
chain gets damaged by hitting a old nail in a branch, or other problem
occurs I just swap saws and keep on cuttng

Used to use gas, but for the occasional use once or twice a year
electric is better it always starts- Hide quoted text -

I have about 300 feet of heavy-duty extension cords that I use with my
two electrics. I also have a generator that I can move around if the
cords are not long enough.