Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klaatu Klaatu is offline

Default Recording tv witha stand-alone DVDR?

"micky" wrote in message
I have two friends who got Verizon FIOS TV, but who don't pay rental
on the DVDR that Verizon offers. IIUC, they have no way to record
television, a step down from when they had a VCR and cable or an
antenna.

Is there a way to connect either a VCR or a stand-alone** DVDR so they
can record tv and watch it later. One has a VCR and the other has a
Philips DVDR with built-in digital and analog tuners.

**Obviously, it can't be totally alone. I don't know what the term is
but I mean a model designed to work off the air (and/or off cable
tv??), or any model that is sold alone and not rented out by Verizon
or a cable company.

Thanks.

Do a google on Hauppage. Reasonable price, and basically sold everywhere.