Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] generic@internet.com is offline

Default Garden Hose recommendations?

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:48:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:56:04 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:18:11 PM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm looking for a 100' hose. I see
Never Kink, Flexon, Flexogen.

Anyone have experience with them?

Regular black rubber Sears Craftsman hose, 100' long, $33 + tax
(no charge for in-store pickup), no need to return it to the manufacturer
for warranty claims:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...11042411&aff=Y

Those never-kink hoses still kink, and most are made of vinyl instead
of EPDM rubber, the kind of rubber used for car radiator hoses and
roofing and that's highly resistant to ozone and ultraviolet. I've never
seen the rubber of one of those Sears black hoses fail, and that includes
hoses my parents have owned. It was always the stamped steel fittings
that failed due to rust or from being crushed. However those hoses now
instead have machined brass fittings (chrome or nickel plated).

Do what Erik said about winding the hose into a figure-8.

Considering all the comments and Erik's experience as well as yours, I
ordered this one. On sale for $33 too, so not a big loss if I have a
problem. I'll pick it up when I get by the store in a couple of days.

I'd like to order one too, for $33, but I'm not seeing that sale price.
Their web lists it at $59.99. Where is that sale price?