Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Search and Rescue

On 31/03/2013 07:39, harry wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:00 pm, John Williamson
Or, take the position of someone I know who is an alcoholic. He has
excellent qualifications, the equivalent of A-levels and NVQs, but can't
even get a job here flipping burgers because he hasn't got enough GCSEs.
Never mind his computing qualifications, which are equivalent to a
degree, but not from this country. He is a British citizen.

I expect that at some point in his life, someone told him he was
drinking too much.
Surprising he couldn't work it out for himself.
Drinking is not cheap either.

All that shows is how little you know about alcoholism. It's mainly a
mental illness, sufferers can't work out what it's costing them in
either money or opportunity. He's been through three rehab courses that
I know of, none of whih made any difference.

It is an addiction, both mental and physical, that is, by and large,
socially acceptable.

I expect the immigrants have taken the burger-flipping jobs.
Round here it's Poles/other Eastern Europeans.

Not round here. Strangely enough, none of the immigrants have GCSEs,
either....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.