Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default "Scientists link frozen spring to dramatic Arctic sea ice loss"

On Mar 30, 9:48*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

On 30/03/13 08:36, dennis@home wrote:
On 29/03/2013 17:27, charles wrote:
In article ,
* * The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 29/03/13 17:07, harry wrote:
On Mar 29, 4:57 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 29/03/13 16:50, harry wrote:

oh years of using rechargeable batteries and reading technical data on
them and reading user experiences harry.

You will find that batteries for alarm systems have to be changed after 5
years. *I assume this is because their capacity is no longer as good as
when they were new.

Wrong sort of battery.

I challenge anyone here to raise their hands and say that they have
personally had experience of any rechargeable battery of any sort that
still maintains 80% of its capacity and is usable after ten years.

I have used lead acid, nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride. lithium
ion, lithium polymer..in a variety of applications and I cannot recall
a single instance of any one of them being more than a pale shadow
after 10 years. Occasionally a lucky lead acid will if used constantly
and topped up last more than 5..

Slightly sideways.. I have noticed that batteries supplied with a new
vehicle invariably last longer than the most expensive replacement.

--
Tim Lamb

True. Also the automotive light bulbs.
The ones from Halfords are real ****.