Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A childish earth

On 30/03/13 14:16, Jo Stein wrote:
On 28.03.2013 10:47, Jo Stein wrote:
Shops for screws are closed today; thus the project will be delayed
by some days. In the meantime I can do some planning. The wooden
sticks are 10 cm long. From that I have found that the diameter of
the football will be about 28.5 cm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icosahedron

When finished I will publish a photo on this website:
http://klimaarkivet.no/node/35

The project is delayed because more planning was needed.
If I had used screws for the connections, I would have
built a flat earth.

More loose connections are needed for a perfect round earth,
and thus the three sticks at the 60 corners will be sewed
together by at thin tread that has a figure eight knot at the ends.

The Natural Philosopher can never build such a perfect round model of
the earth, as he is unable to learn by reading the advices he get from
Jo and from the genius Leonard Euler:

put a sock in it old boy.

I studied Euler before you even heard the name.

Bet you don't even understand his instability criterion or what an
eigenvalue is..

never mind his interesting notes on polygons.

http://voices.yahoo.com/an-essay-gen...c-5873670.html

"He calculated without any apparent effort, just as men breathe, as
eagles sustain themselves in the air."

It is to be noted that nothing amuses the man of genuine knowledge more,
than the certainty and passion with which those stumbling across a
small part of it, proclaim their discovery in the utter ignorance of the
remainder of it.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.