Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jo Stein Jo Stein is offline

Default A childish earth

On 28.03.2013 10:47, Jo Stein wrote:
Shops for screws are closed today; thus the project will be delayed
by some days. In the meantime I can do some planning. The wooden
sticks are 10 cm long. From that I have found that the diameter of
the football will be about 28.5 cm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icosahedron

When finished I will publish a photo on this website:
http://klimaarkivet.no/node/35

The project is delayed because more planning was needed.
If I had used screws for the connections, I would have
built a flat earth.

More loose connections are needed for a perfect round earth,
and thus the three sticks at the 60 corners will be sewed
together by at thin tread that has a figure eight knot at the ends.

The Natural Philosopher can never build such a perfect round model of
the earth, as he is unable to learn by reading the advices he get from
Jo and from the genius Leonard Euler:
http://voices.yahoo.com/an-essay-gen...c-5873670.html
"He calculated without any apparent effort, just as men breathe, as
eagles sustain themselves in the air."

--
jo
"Academics that are climate denialists testify that