Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default A childish earth

On 30/03/2013 09:25, Steve Firth wrote:
polygonum wrote:
[snip]

The word I quoted made the headlines quite a few years ago because it was
used in some political context and somehow has remained in my memory. I
think there was discussion over whether it was acceptable for the news
media to use the original word - given that using the translation was,
possibly, not acceptable.

You'd have to be an arsehole to think that.

:-)

In my memory, the world was a different place all those years ago - the
more po-faced media, especially television news, was always worried
about the flood of letters they'd get from viewers if they used any form
of "bad" language.

--
Rod