Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default PVC soil pipe directly over a timber

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 22:44:01 +0000, Docvox
wrote:

I have a 200+ year old home and am remodeling a bathroom.

I would think so.

The location where
I wish to locate the toilet would place the flange and PVC soil pipe directly
over a 8x8 timber. I could judiciously remove a portion of the timber,
reinforcing with plywood gussets, glued and screwed, but I feel a flange and
90-ell

Elves are discussed in the next t hread.

would require removing too much of the timber. Is there any solution?

Put the toilet (or the whole bathroom) on a platform so the pipe can
go to the side? I've stayed in hotels where the whole bathroom was on
a 6 or 8" platform. I assume that was to make doing the pipes easier,
although there may have been another reason, like washing the floor??.