Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] is offline

Default Grinding lathe bed.

Den 28-03-2013 14:48, Uffe Bærentsen skrev:
Hi

Saw this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGEQFJdmo4

I'm sure that the ways will look good when you grind like this guy does.
But how about saddle wear? (don't know how to spell it :-( )
As far as I can see there is no way that you or me can remove saddle
wear grinding a bed like this only add more sway to the bed.

Am I right or wrong on this?

Have been reading the thread and the discussions going back and forth.
Learned a lot about different configurations of lathes.
I'm thankful to all of you who share your knowledge.

:-)

--
Uffe