Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default ESR meters again

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Jules Richardson writes:

I seem to be accumulating a pile of things with faults that are most
likely down to dodgy capacitors, but my homebrew ESR meter's one of those
things that is still in deep storage back in the UK. So...

I repair lots of things, but I haven't yet needed an ESR meter.
To test, I simply parallel up a new capacitor, and see if that
fixes the issue.

+1
In 48 years I've never needed one. If I can't fix it with a DMM/AVO, scope,
logic analyser etc it either 'aint worth fixing or I'm incapable. Maybe it
depends on the type of kit you're playing with. Same as TDRs, never needed
to use one.