Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ESR meters again

In article ,
Jules Richardson wrote:
2) Any other recommendations for a cheap meter? I really don't need
inductance, transistor testing etc. as my DMM does that anyway ,so just
plain ol' ESR will do.

The cheap ESR and so on one off Ebay is rather better for basic transistor
checking than any of the DVMs etc I have - you don't need to identify the
transistor first. Just test it and the meter tells you the pin out, NPN or
PNP, as well as gain etc. Very useful, IMHO.

It seems to work on in circuit caps as well as my other ESR meter.

--
*Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.