Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] brian@garagewoodworks.com is offline

Default Maple Lamps

On Friday, March 29, 2013 12:04:19 PM UTC-4, John Grossbohlin wrote:
wrote in message

I'm looking for suggestions on how to attach the solid maple bottom and

top. I was thinking of using a solid bottom and glueing on a ledger to my

lamp interior and drive a screw through the center of the bottom into the

ledger. I don't want screws or glue on perimeter out of fear of expansion

blowing apart the base. Ideas?

It looks like the interior is large enough to get your hand in so perhaps

either "figure 8" plates

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/f...enerspk12.aspx or

blocks in grooves in the rails and screwed into the top would work...

similar to attaching a table top.

John

That is a good suggestion, but it would only work for the top or the bottom and not both. Once you attach one or the other you can't get in there anymore.