Mark L.

Default Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

That's good to know. I did use Corian to top off a radiator cover a few
years back and it worked well. Didn't want tiles, cuz plants are on top
and it does see water, plus the Corian looks very close to granite.
Luckily, the sheet I bought was large enough to cover without having to
join pieces together.
Mark L.

John Flatley wrote:
Several years ago, I had thoughts of several craft and scroll saw projects
using Corian. I was unable to buy Corian, so those projects fell of the
project list.

We are having our kitchen re-modeled and last Thursday when the Corian man
was here to make templates for our countertops, he said his company does
sell the Corian now. However, he said they will not/can not sell the glue
that allows seamless countertops to be fabricated. This seems like a change
from what I had been told several years ago. II have not stopped by his
company to buy any Corian to verify his story. Maybe later this year I
resurrect those old projects.....

Jack

"Mark L." wrote in message
m...

IIRC, most companies only sell to authorized installers and
distributors. Maybe that has changed, now that so many different types
are being sold. They don't want amateurs trying to work with the stuff.
But a few years back, I found a place that sold sheets. The max size
was 18x48. Maybe you could try looking in the back of home improvement
mags, that how I found my place. I'm not sure if they are still
around.... Mark L.

wrote:

I want to have a go at using a solid surface counter top on cabinets
I'm building. Can anybody tell me if I can buy this stuff by the
sheet?
Mike