Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default 12v car battery chargers....

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 13:54:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

It would be useful - but then that's not what it's sold as. It would
probably need to be made to a higher spec for this sort of use.

As a long-term maintenance charger, the Lidl one works very well
indeed, allowing for remembering to reset it every mains failure.
I have a couple of batteries that owe their laid-up survival to the
Lidl charger(s) - one 2001 battery was in my ex-Transit, which was off
the road for the past two years, constantly on maintenance charge. It
started up right away, ready for the buyer to look at.