Posted to alt.home.repair
Fake ID Fake ID is offline

Default Most reliable AA Alkaline

In article , tom wrote:

I've used Costco's brand, Kirkland, for a few years now. No problems and
they're cheap in bulk.....that is if you have a membership anyway.

Kirkland batteries have become such chronic leakers that I bought
Duracell last time. Sounds like they may not be much of an improvement.

Kirkland AAA's ruined a GMRS radio and leaked in a boom box remote
forming a puddle on the endtable.

Kirkland AA's in a digital atomic clock were still wet when I discovered
them leaking. I'd been getting wiffs of electrical burning at night and
began hunting for the source. Not that the leaking batteries were
necessarily it, but the smell went away.

After the onboard Li CMOS battery died in an old PC I still use I
used a 4 AA caddy connected to the pins for this purpose. The caddy
rested on the modem card. Then the Kirkland cells leaked and crystals
formed on the modem card causing the PC to become unstable.