Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

jim beam wrote:

jim beam wrote:

jim beam wrote:

i don't know who you think you're talking to, but i have consistently
advocated /not/ deconstructing this unit.

Apparently I'm talking to a blowhard troll.

it's not worth it when cost
of replacement isn't that high or you can build an alternate controller
that will be more reliable.

Ass. The first step in designing a replacement is to understand what
it is supposed to do, and how the original performed that function.

no???? really? are you /sure/ about that??? or doesn't sarcasm work
for you???

and credentials don't work on usenet - they're completely uncheckable
and many are bogus. what matters is whether you can walk the talk.

You can't even crawl.

at least i can follow a thread without being a crotchety old fart.

Show us.

no, you're doing that.

as for having stuff in orbit, i don't have anything, but two of my best
friends do. the difference between them and you is that they're not
jaded and they're actually helpful.

Then tell them to reverse engineer it for you. Or can't they 'walk
the talk', either?

i don't /want/ to reverse engineer it any more than i want to repair
broken light bulbs. you were the one bragging about how easy it was. i
said it wasn't. and when it comes down to walking the talk, you won't.

Send me some defective modules, or quit trolling.

they're not my modules [again, you're not following the thread] and i
wouldn't replace them - i'd pwm the motor instead.

Without knowing how to interface it to the vehicle.

??? if it were my vehicle, i'd be able to find it out now, wouldn't i!!!

What a lame ass
lying idiot.

whatever you say dude, but the fact is, i've done it before and i'd do
it again.

You demanded that I do the reverse engineering

i didn't demand any such thing, i pointed out that if you did, since you
were bragging about having done so much of it, you wouldn't be making
everyone have to listen to you **** and moan. but here you still are,
****ing and moaning since i guess it's so much easier, even for an
expert like yourself.

enough left over to pay them.

Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week.