Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motorresistorfailures

Bimmer Owner wrote:

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:35:09 -0700, jim beam wrote:

Bomarc has reverse engineered a lot of automotive modules:
http://www.bomarc.org/basement/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6&sid=8ee707756ef37b24ff5aa633 f1b4548a

that at least is vaguely useful

I wasn't sure how to cross reference using that list.
For example, it had only one BMW entry (camera module); and it did not have
GKR or Sitronic or Valeo brands; nor the keywords FSU, nor FSR; but it did
have things titled "blower motor controller), e.g.,

FORD F50F-19E624 heater blower motor controller ('97 L. CONNIE) 1

The lists are a partial offering of what they have done. I would ask
if they have done the specific board in the controller, or the estimated
costs to reverse engineer it. The website states a $20 per hour charge.

enough left over to pay them.

Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week.