Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Grinding lathe bed.

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message . 3.70...
Ned Simmons fired this volley in
:

He's not running on the functional surfaces of the ways at all:

Heh! It's pretty clear he "first guessed" all our second-guesses.
If one can count on the apron surface and top surfaces to be true, then
that should do it.

(I still wonder how he establishes the correct angle and dress on that

Accuracy of the angle itself isn't terribly critical, you'll be scraping the bearing surface underneath the carriage to match up to it anyways.

stone, though. Didn't see anythin' in the pictures showing that part.)

Lloyd