J T

Default Rant - Harbor Freight

Fri, May 28, 2004, 11:53pm (EDT-1) (Hoyt=A0Weathers)
puts out:
snip Today I received in the mail their "acknowledgement" (their
misspelling - not mine).

Damn, now I've got to find a link to a new on-line dictionary,
because the one I use spelled it the same way.

That showed the price of the article, tax of $0, Freight of $4.95 and
Handling of $5.95 . It is my view that *handling* is an internal labor
cost of Harbor Freight, just part of doing business, and should be part
of their overhead and built into their prices.

You should have ordered a couple more things then. This came
directly off their site:
SHIPPING INFORMATION
1. (a) Quoted prices include FREE SHIPPING if the order is $50.00 or
more, and being shipped within the contiguous United States.

Because of this absurdity, I will never again order anything from Harbor
Freight. They burned me once. They will get no other chance. Bank on it.

I've seen places that charge more. I won't mail order from them
any more either. Because there's now a store 15 or so miles from me.

JOAT
"106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of
cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

"Hit it." - Joliet Jake