Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Tire Air Rotation for Spring

Bob_Villa wrote in
:

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:30:20 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
Just a Reminder

Spring is here. That means it's time to rotate the air in your
tires.

You need to pump the air out of your front tires and put that same
air

back in your rear tires. However if your air is more than three
years

old, it's recommended to replace it with new air. However, if you
live

in a northern climate, your car probably has Winter Air in the tires.

This must be completely removed, and replaced with Summer Air, before

the hot weather arrives.

This is not something you can do at home, without specialized
equipment.

Get it done professionally, so it's done right, which insures that

you're tires are safe. After all, your life depends on those tires.

Prices vary according to where you live, but I've seen Air Rotation
for

as little as $5.99. If you're getting the air replaced, or need
Summer

Air, the cost is quite a bit more. Shop around, and watch the
newspaper

for specials and coupons. Some places will rotate your air for free,
if

you have them change your oil and/or get a tuneup.

I fill mine with helium to avoid this process...an it gives a slight
increase in mileage. (Recommended by Goodyear!)

Can your farts and pump it into the tires. A real riot when you have a
blowout.