Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default Painting roofs white can actually help lower the temperature of a city

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:10:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

there was some show on TV

there's a city somewhere in the midwest[?]
that plants real green stuff on their rooftops,
and they say it has had a big impact

marc

When I use to travel to Austin, Texas a couple years ago, going north
on I-71, there was a place that I think is some kinda outside lab site
for a local college which has solar panels and a small structure with
grass growing on the roof. I never stopped there but thought it was
interesting what they are trying to do. Do you have to eventually mow
the roof grin ?