View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  

I agree that if Mickey doesn't know how bad the mold problem is, then none of us can give him any insight into that.

I don't agree that all indoor mold growth is a health hazard or that this kind of work should be left to trained professionals wearing biohazard suits.

Mold is like anything else; it needs a source of food and a source of water to survive. I you remove either one, the mold will first go dormant and then eventually die. But, because there are so many kind of fungii, plenty of them will be able to use any natural construction material (like the paper backing on drywall) or ordinary house dust as a food source, so the food is all around them, and therefore the focus should be on eliminating their source of water.

And, for an apartment several stories up in the air, then ground water seepage into the living space can be eliminated right off the bat, and then you only have a plumbing leak or rain leaking in from the outside to investigate.

And, on top of that, most fungii are harmless to us anyway, so it's very possible that the only real reasons to get rid of this mold are aesthetic and to keep Mickey from having to deal with uninformed health nuts going full retard over the MOLD!!!

Last edited by nestork : March 27th 13 at 04:54 PM