Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT Search and Rescue

In article ,
Huge wrote:
On 2013-03-27, Mike Barnes wrote:
bm :
Our local council has come up with a winner - council tax - if you own
an empty house you used to get a rebate of 50%. Not any more, if your
house is now empty for 2 years you now pay 150% council tax. So, you
own the house, it has f-all to do with the council (IMO), you are
using far less services, bin collections etc but it costs you 150% ?
C'mon. I'm wondering which way to go on this, it can't be legal,
shirley?

You make the mistake of confusing paying Council Tax with buying
services. It doesn't work like that, never did, and was never intended
to.

As Cyprus has so ably demonstrated, taxes are theft.

You're like a stuck needle. Perhaps you'd inform us all how communal
services are to be paid for without taxes?

You make them compulsory and charge for them with a discount based on
income or assets or both. ;-)