Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Search and Rescue

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:52:44 GMT, Bob Martin wrote:

We are the only species on the planet that needs an infra-structure to
survive.

As a species we don't, we can be hunter gatherers as indeed some isolated
tribes still are. Unless you class building a shelter "infrastructure"
but even then they don't *need* it, it just makes life more comfortable
when there aren't any handy caves.

As a civilisation or society we *need* it's associated infrastructure.

As a species I think are here to stay, we can eat almost anything, we can
build our own shelter, we have control of fire, we can tolerate a huge
range of enviroments, we can use make and use tools, we can adapt those
tools to other tasks or improve them, we communicate very effectively.

Civilisations and societies will come and go but as a species we will
remain, we are just so resilient, it would take something pretty
catastrophic to the whole world to wipe us out as a species. I suspect we
would survive even a Yucatan sized meteor impact.

--
Cheers
Dave.