Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.bmw
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistorfailures

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:02:38 -0700, jim beam wrote:

ok, but you're missing one simple thing - this is a bunch of guys with a
dremel and a dental pick. money/time are limiting factors, even if
there were logic to reverse engineering, which i don't think there is in
this case.

Dental picks are probably expensive. I picked up a nice 4 piece pick
kit somewhere a couple years ago for maybe 5 bucks.
Just came in handy for digging out a crumbling plastic hose nipple
threaded into an aluminum intake manifold.
My Dremel kit was pretty expensive, but hey.